Thursday, December 5, 2013

Twelves Days Of Healing

Most people know that our little Health Matters Fitness Greeter, Moe, passed away on November 19th.  And for most of you know, Moe was my little side kick and spent 24 hours a day with me and he and I became very attached.  I will be the first to admit, I took his death worse than I ever expected.  He's a dog afterall, but little did I know this little dog would become my little comfort heart and soul comforter. It has been a very tough couple of weeks for me but this trip to Hawaii has been one that I have now designated as my time to heal.  

After a long day of traveling, we made it to the beautiful island.  After some nurishment and a coconut mojito, we went back to our oceanside condo to settle in for the evening.  The night was calm with the sounds of the waves crashing against the sea wall.  Gorgeous!  The waves sounded like a soft lullaby as they sang us to sleep.

This morning I sit on our linai on the 9th floor, in the darkness I see the brightest stars.  We've now named the brightest one we see, Moe.  I see darkness, except for the stars.  I hear waves crashing and the the silience of the darkness.  It is so big and scary but peaceful and calm.  With the sadness in my heart, it could be the darkness I see more but the end of my 12 days, I hope that I will see calm and peacefulness.

Until tomorrow......

In the spirit of Aloha!


No comments:

Post a Comment