Monday, September 2, 2013

Stress & Wellness Management: 30 Day Challenge - 3 Fun Things in 30Days!

I remember my mom saying, "Where has time gone?"  Today, I repeat these word.  I truly can't believe it is September.  Kevin and I always say, "Good times go fast; Bad times last!"

Yesterday, we completed my THREE fun things in one month.  A life coach gave me this challenge a month ago when we concluded that I had become "All work - No play" = Too much stress in my life which may have contributed to my decrease health recently.  At first, I didn't want to acknowledge that I was no longer "fun" and was only "stressed".  This was a big break through for me to acknowledge!  To me, life was about having fun and doing things you enjoy!  After my cancer scare, I had promised myself that I would cherish each moment and live for the moment.  When did I change and why did I change?  

So, I set THREE fun goals for one month:
1.  Golfing with my girlfriends.  DONE!  I decided to reach out and make a date with the girls.  We had so much fun and we were all very appreciative that we had done that.

2.  Date night with Kevin - Dinner and a movie.  DONE!  We do a ton of things together but we have been forgetting to go out and have fun together and not talk about money, business or the future.  We just went out and enjoyed each other's company.  We've been doing way more fun things together since.

3.  Bike Ride in the mountains.  DONE!  We have the beautiful mountains so close to us and we only seem to go there when we get company.  Every time we are out there, we see so many families riding the Legacy Trail from Canmore to Banff and each time, we say that we want to do that.  Yesterday, we made it happen!  I am so proud of us!  It was amazing!  It was a little bit more difficult than I had originally thought it would be but of course when one hasn't been on a long bike ride in a very long time, yes it would be more difficult.  I'm sure it would get easier when one has put some time in on the bike.

August has been an amazing month!  Yes, I have achieved my goals for 3 fun things in 30 days, but it shouldn't stop here!  I have made a commitment to myself to continue with my small but meaningful goals which will only enrich my life and enhance my health and wellness!   

Take a couple of minutes and think about your life.  Ask yourself some hard questions and then ACT!

Yours in good health!


No comments:

Post a Comment