Thursday, July 25, 2013

Calgary- Strides for Melanoma Awareness

Hello Friends and Family!

In 2009 I was diagnosed with Melanoma and it was one of the scariest moments in my life!  Today I am cancer free and because of my experience of being diagnosed with Melanoma and the lack of resources, feeling scared and alone, I was determined to not let others have the same terrifying experience as mine.  Through my own journey, I discovered the Melanoma Network of Canada (MNC), which was founded by a lady who had a very similar experience as myself.  For me, it was frustrating going to doctors who were more interested in selling me Botox and skin care.  I am now proud to be associated with this organization.

Melanoma Network of Canada (MNC) is a national organization, patient-led charity whose mission is to provide melanoma patients and their caregivers with current and accurate information and services in the fight against melanoma. Through the Melanoma Network of Canada we provide funding support for public awareness, education, advocacy and research.

Please help me bring awareness to Melanoma by participating in Strides for Melanoma Awareness on Sunday, September 29 at 1:00 pm at Eau Claire Market in Calgary.

If you are unable to participate as a fundraiser, we are also looking for 20 – 40 volunteer angels to assist us with this event.  I have attached the link for the event below:


If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at sdenscombe@melanomanetwork.ca

Calgary- Strides for Melanoma Awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment