Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2010 Nike Women's Marathon - Huge Success!

Hello Health Nuts!

Today I sit back and ponder the fabulous weekend in San Francisco at the Nike Women's Marathon. Kevin and I travelled to be a part of a special run. I coached 43 fabulous Team In Training people from Calgary, along side with 3 from Saskatoon and 13 from Edmonton making 59 Prairie Region Participants. What a fabulous group of heros!!!
In addition to the Team In Training team, we had trained 98 Bikini Boot Camp participants from across Canada become a part of this celebration. It was a totally amazing experience to carry the Canadian flag and the amount of cheers and screams saying - YAY CANADA! I was so proud to be Canadian!
Standing on the sidelines, I had a conversation with a lady for about 20-30 minutes. I had caught her attention with my large Canadian flag. She was from the Francisco Chronicle. Hey, I made the paper....she summarized everything we talked about in 2 sentences, but I was pretty excited anyways. By the way, I'm 46, not 47 years old yet.
I can't wait to do this again!!!
Take care my friends!
Until next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment