Sunday, May 2, 2010

Don't Forget Your Sunscreen!!!

May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month!!!

I would like to bring your attention to this topic which is near and dear to my dear.

One year ago I was diagnosed with Melanoma Skin Cancer. Yes, this will never happen to me!! This was a statement I always thought. Here I am....a SURVIVOR of cancer. I have had many people say "it's ONLY skin cancer!" That statement was just like stabbing me in the heart. It is CANCER!!!

For those of you who don't understand what Melanoma is, it is a tumor which can spread throughout your body. It's like an iceberg. It may be small on the surface but it is gigantic under the surface.

Today I stand before you, missing part of my calf muscle, but I am cancer free in this region. I may not be out of the woods though as I must always be watch each of the little spots I have on my body. As you may or may not know, you get more spots the older you get. I went from having a couple of moles or freckles to hundreds of freckles and each one very different from the other.

So how do I know which are good and which are not? Well, I don't!!! I must be proactive and wear my sunscreen!!!

If you have any questions about skin cancer, please feel free to email me or call me! Knowledge is key!!!

Sheena
Email: sheena@healthmattersfitness.com
Phone: 403-620-9663

Stay Safe My Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment